Now is normally a great time to start looking at those acrylics a bit closer and see if any need to be touched up or replaced.
An acrylic has 3 goals:
- Support the weight of the user
- Allow UV Light to pass through without blockage
- Keep the lamps safe from foreign objects or personal contact.
Keep the acrylic sanitized after every use by using an acrylic disinfectant(like Australian Gold Disinfectant or Lucasol Disinfectant)
If needed use an acrylic cleaner to remove tingle or lotion build up that the disinfectant does not remove (like Lucas Spray & Wipe Bed Cleaner or Novus Step 1)
Use an acrylic polish to remove fine scratches (like Novus Step 2) or to remove heavy scratches (like Novus Step 3)
Unfortunately, for all the care we can give…at some point you are going to need to replace the acrylic. It could be cracked or most likely clouding up and preventing UV light from going through properly. When that happens, it’s time to replace that acrylic!
There is a common process for ordering the CORRECT acrylic. It is as follows:
- Write down Make, Model, Year & # of Lamps in Tanning Bed
- Take the acrylic out of the tanning bed
- Measure the full length of the shield(do not round off)
- Measure the full width of the shield(do not round off)
- Write down any special features such as holes, tape, corner cuts)
- Call John Geyen at URI at 800-247-3251 and provide the information. He will quote a replacement acrylic and reconfirm the standard measurements for your tanning bed.
CALL URI TODAY!
URI is your source for HP replacement sunlamps, tanning lamps, tanning lotions, and more. We offer a wide variety of sunless tanning products and accessories for the professional spray tan tech. We also assign account managers to help grow our clients’ businesses. For all this and more, call us at 800.247.3251 or visit our website. Our team of tanning industry experts are more than happy to answer any questions you might have about HP tanning lamps and other tanning supplies.